Freitag, 20. März 2015

Acacia Couchtable

2 weeks ago I helped my friend Brian with setting up his new Kitchen.
After all the work was done he gave me the cut offs from his countertop because he is a really nice guy.
so when I got home I found 4 wooden legs that I cut off a chair a couple months ago because i liked the shape. 


So I started with laying out the Material to figure out a shape and the proportions to make it work with what I had. That really is my favorite way of designing. It is so much easier to come up with a concept because you are limited and not overwhelmed by possibilities. Also it is very rewarding to build from scratch!


That´s the rough layout.
I started with building the underconstruction and attaching the legs...for me it is easier not to worry about the next steps when i start building. In this case I wasn´t even sure how exactly I wanted the table to look like when I started. That keeps the design process very flexible and fun because you design on the fly. 




...and yes, that is the carpet from "the shining"...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen